- Our Team
- Student Success Suite
- Village Activities
- Engineering Village Home
View Metcalf Hall in a larger map
Metcalf Hall / Engineering Village Program Calendar
-- "The 'E' in Engineering is for Excitement!"
Dr. Louis Martin Vega, Dean, College of Engineering, NC State
BENEFITS of living in the Engineering Village include
- Full-time dedicated Engineering Village director with professional experience in engineering and a passion for students’ personal, academic and professional success;
- Dedicated engineering student mentors to help with your student’s transition to NC State and the College of Engineering;
- Student Success Suite for academic and career advising, studying and project development;
- In-hall tutoring by upper-class Engineering Village student leaders in the following courses, key to entering a specific engineering degree program: MA 141(Calc I); MA241(Calc II); MA242(Calc III); CHEM101; Physics 205
- Fun activities such as paintball, broomball, volleyball tournament, camping retreat and skiing;
- Sponsored dinners to foster relationships with peers and mentors;
- Alternative Spring Break service trip to Nicaragua to work on water quality
- Skill-building Engineering design competitions;
- Connections with world-renowned engineering firms including Eastman Chemical, Intel, IBM, Cisco, Duke Energy, GE Aviation, NetApp
- Dedicated living space in Metcalf Hall
- Students apply through MyPack Portal.
- The Engineering Village application is separate from the on-campus housing application. Students need to complete both applications.
- Due to space limitations, First Year Engineering students are not guaranteed an assignment in the Engineering Village.
- Attend Engineering Village Fall Orientation and Kick-Off Activities
- Participate in at least 12 Village-sponsored activities per semester
- Maintain enrollment in First Year Engineering courses (E101 and E115)
- Be a model Village and community citizen-resident in Metcalf Residence Hall
- Abide by the Student Code of Conduct, University Housing Rules and Community Standards.
- Remain in good academic standing.
Director, Engineering Village
Phone: (919) 515-1846
College of Engineering
Phone: (919) 515-3263
Director, International Engagement
College of Engineering