Location: Welch Hall
View Welch Hall in a larger map
Assistant Director, Northeast Campus
The WOW Factor: Transforming Sisterhood
into Social Justice
The Women of Welch (WOW) Village supports, empowers, connects and develops female leaders at NC State.
"Support from the WOW community makes me feel like I can do whatever I set my mind to. Their support and empowerment have provided me the tools that help me succeed at NC State." -- Morgan, WOW member
The WOW Village focuses on empowerment, leadership, self-awareness, diversity and social justice. The WOW community fosters individual women's growth and development while challenging residents to act as citizens of a global community.
Apply to the WOW Village today!
WOW Village women are dedicated to:
- Building a strong bond and creating life-long friendships.
- Creating a nurturing environment that inspires and empowers each other.
- Encouraging self-awareness and critical thinking by attending university and community activities that focus on equity and diversity.
"By giving us connections to the women administrators at NC State and connecting women within the Village itself- we are given the opportunity to grow and learn in a supporting and understanding environment. The WOW Village is supportive, hilarious and tons of fun. I can’t imagine my freshman year going as greatly as it has without WOW!" -- Zoe, WOW member
Life in the WOW Village
The WOW Village brings together first-year women, transfer women and upper-class women from all academic majors. The women are continually engaged in their residential setting through specialized in-hall programming, group discussions, and campus and community involvement. Students are paired with WOW Mentors, who are upper-class women living in the WOW Village. Mentors are resources for village residents and help women become connected to NC State, Welch Hall and the WOW Village.
"Life in the WOW Village is being able to walk down the hall and find a supportive group of strong women who inspire you daily." -- Brianna, WOW member
- Living in Welch Hall
- Moving in early to participate in the WOW Village retreat
- Social community building events
- Attending Crucial Conversations lead by upper-class women
- Participating in community service events
- Volunteering at Women's Center events
- Opportunities to attend women’s focused fall and spring trips
- Scholarships to attend conferences
- Opportunities to attend on and off-campus shows, plays, speakers
- Opportunities to have dinner with female faculty members
- Enrolling in a common section of Women & Genders Studies (WGS) 200 in the fall 2014 semester
- Developing relationships with the advisory board, which consist of professional and female faculty from University Housing, Women and Gender Studies, the Department of Social Work, the Women’s Center, the School of Public and International Affairs
The WOW Village is located on the first and second floors of Welch Hall on East Campus. Welch Hall offers double occupancy rooms in a traditional hall style. This residence hall is an all female hall that is both an alcohol and smoke free facility.
Village Life: The Students' Perspectives
Listen to Village testimonials from WOW members in the video above.
Listen to ladies of the WOW Village describe why Village life has made them more successful during their time at NC State.
Village Life photos