Location: Welch Hall
View Welch Hall in a larger map
Assistant Director, Northeast Campus
The WOW Factor: Transforming Sisterhood
into Social Justice
The Women of Welch (WOW) Village supports, empowers, connects and develops female leaders at NC State.
"Life in the WOW Village is being able to walk down the hall and find a supportive group of strong women who inspire you daily." -- Brianna, WOW member
The WOW Village focuses on empowerment, leadership, self-awareness, diversity and social justice. The WOW community fosters individual women's growth and development while challenging residents to act as citizens of a global community.
Apply to the WOW Village today!
Life in the WOW Village
The WOW Village brings together women from all aclass years and academic majors. The women are continually engaged in their residential setting through specialized in-hall programming, group discussions, and campus and community involvement. Students are paired with WOW Mentors, who are upper-class women living in the WOW Village. Mentors are resources for village residents and help women become connected to NC State, Welch Hall and the WOW Village.
- Living in Welch Hall, the only all-female hall on campus.
- Moving in early to participate in the WOW Village Retreat, which includes a day of bonding at the University Recreation Challenge Course.
- Attending social community building events, such as defying gravity, spa nights and first Fridays.
- Engaging in educational programming on topics such as body image, leadership, women's rights and history.
- Participating in community service events with local groups, like Wake Young Women's Leadership Academy and Green Chair.
- Volunteering at Women's Center events, such as the yearly Chocolate Festival and Take Back The Night.
- Visiting Washington, D.C. and New York City as part of women-focused fall and spring break trips.
- Attending on and off-campus shows, plays, speakers and dinner with female faculty members that share insight on academic success and professional development.
- Enrolling in a common section of Women & Genders Studies (WGS) 200 in the fall 2015 semester to take knowledge of women's issues to the next level.
- Developing relationships with the advisory board, which consisst of professional and female faculty members from University Housing, Women and Gender Studies, Grounds and Fleet Services, the Women’s Center and the School of Public and International Affairs.
The WOW Village is located on the first and second floors of Welch Hall on East Campus. Welch Hall offers in traditional hall-style living with double occupancy rooms.
Village Life: The Students' Perspectives
Listen to Village testimonials from WOW members in the video above.
Listen to ladies of the WOW Village describe why Village life has made them more successful during their time at NC State.
Village Life photos