The University Housing Marketing Department is hiring a part-time paid Video Production Intern for the academic year. This unique opportunity gives videographer the chance to grow your portfolio with plenty of film and editing projects.
In the marketing and communications realm, no two days are alike - so expect an internship that is varied and caters to your interests and skill sets. Specifically, the Video Production Intern will:
- Recruit talent
- Assist with script writing
- Film scenes
- Edit video in Final Cut Pro
- Other marketing duties as assigned.
Nights and weekends may be required in addition to working in the University Housing Office during the day. The Video Production Intern will be expected to work autonomously on video production projects. Computer, production equipment and software will be accessible in the University Housing office.
Our goal is to create an internship experience that exposes you to a variety of tasks, but we'll work with you to utilize your unique skills to enhance our overall communications.
We are looking for a self-motivated, ambitious individual who is willing to "get your hands dirty.” We will be tackling A LOT of video projects and you'll be expected to jump in and be an active part of our marketing team.
- You must live on-campus in a University Housing owned property.
- Be a creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Interest in journalism, marketing, communications or film is a must.
- Previous experience with Final Cut Pro is preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Learn from two experienced marketing professionals with diverse backgrounds
- Hands-on professional experience to build your resume and portfolio
- This is a paid internship at $9.00 per hour for 6 hours per week, maximum.
How to apply?
If interested in this Video Production position, please email your resume, cover letter and links to any of your video samples on YouTube or Vimeo to Brittany Sweeney by 5 pm on April 25. Use the subject line, “Video Production Intern.” Show us your talents!