Resources for Veterans
- NCSU Veteran Affairs
- Student Veterans of NC State
- Durham VA Medical Center
- NC Veteran Affairs
- NCSU Student Health Center
- NCSU ROTC
Welcome to NC State, Veterans!
University Housing supports our service men and women. While we have no housing specifically designated for veterans, we encourage you to live on campus at one of our on-campus apartments . For veterans with families, consider our family-friendly apartments at E.S. King Village.
Living on campus places you right at the center of everything – in the heart of the Wolfpack. With dining halls, libraries, convenience stores and student centers only minutes from your on-campus apartment or residence hall, you will experience both academic and personal success. With on-campus housing:
- We make life convenient with all the comforts of home.
- We’ll connect you to a community of like-minded students.
- Invest in your success by living next to all your academic pursuits.
- Your safety and security is our top priority.
- Enjoy hassle-free living with all-inclusive housing costs, no reference checks and no application fees.
- Our maintenance staff members are pleasant, resourceful and easy to work with.
- Our residence halls and on-campus apartments are walking distance to classes and resources. You’ll save money on gas since you can walk, bike or bus anywhere on or near campus.
- University Housing is committed to embracing diversity so that all people are treated with dignity and respect. Join us in honoring the humanity that connects us, while appreciating the differences that distinguish us.
- Our faculty and staff members care about your success at NC State as much as you do.
Know Your Options
Submit a Housing Application
Once you are offered acceptance to NC State, you’ll need to submit a Housing Application. The Housing Application is separate from admissions. Don’t procrastinate! Submit your application through MyPack Portal. Once logged in to MyPack Portal, click on Student Self Services. From the drop down menus, choose University Housing and Prospective Residents. Then click on the Housing Application link. Select a term and fill out the Housing Application.
- Room assignments are made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You do not have to pay the Admissions Advanced Enrollment Deposit prior to applying for housing.
- Housing assignments are released in mid-May for the upcoming academic year.
- No, we don’t 100% guarantee that you’ll receive Housing, but if you apply early you are highly likely to get in. If you apply at the last minute, you might find yourself on our waiting list.
- There is no fee to secure housing.
- University Towers, College Inn and Valentine Commons are not part of University Housing.
- Residents called to active duty may cancel their housing without penalty and re-apply once they return.
- ADA accommodations are available in on-campus housing. You must first register with the Disability Services Office on campus.