Looking for a summer job? Become a Summer Conference Assistant!
University Housing will accept applications for Summer Conference Assistants (SCAs) for Summer 2015 during the spring. You will spend time working with a variety of visitors and groups that host their meetings, conferences or camps at NC State.
Benefits include a FREE single room in an on-campus residence hall or apartment with cable and internet, $400 All-Campus bucks, $1,900 stipend for the summer, PLUS developing excellent customer service skills AND the opportunity to meet a lot of new people!
Prior to completing the application, please read the job description carefully to obtain an understanding of the responsibilities and expectations of the position.
- 30 hour work week with evening and weekend hours as required by the schedule of conferences
- Must attend all training sessions held during May
- May enroll in one class during Summer Session I only. SCAs are not permitted to take classes during Summer Session II.
- Employment period is from May-August
- Must reside on campus in an assigned housing location
- Complete online application in February
- Submit two online recommendations in February
- Recommendations should be from a previous supervisor, professor, advisor or administrator who has at least one year knowledge of your skills.
- We will not accept recommendations from University Housing Resident Advisors (RAs).
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Resumes are recommended, but not required. Please email your resume to Conference Services if desired.
Interview sessions will be held in late February for applicants who pass the initial application screening. All applicants will be notified of their status.
Please email Conference Services if you have any questions.