Resources & Support

groups of students image

University Housing offers residents a variety of support and resources to make your experience at NC State successful and pleasant. Take advantage of the great resources living and working in your residence halls or on-campus apartments, including your:

Resident Advisor: A Resident Advisor (RA) is a student trained to help new and fellow students learn more about NC State. Whenever students have questions about the University, a residence hall or if they just want to talk, an RA can serve as the first contact person.

Residence Director: A Residence Director (RD) supervises RAs. RDs are graduate students at NC State responsible for the operation and management of one to three buildings. RDs are great resources for discovering how to become involved in the building and community.

Assistant Director: The Assistant Director (AD) is a full-time professional staff member who oversees a residential area of 750-1,000 students. The AD works with RDs to provide supervision and direction for the residential community. Your AD is a resource for involvement and can answer questions in the absence of an RD.

Associate Director: The NC State residential campus is divided into four separate housing communities: East Campus, West Campus, Central Campus and University Apartments. An Associate Director, who works with the ADs and RDs, directs the overall operations, activities, maintenance and development for their community and campus.

Community Assistant: The Community Assistant (CA) is a student employee who works at a residence hall service desk. These staff members are trained to assist students with concerns about keys, facilities and mail.

Community Assistant Coordinator: A Community Assistant Coordinator (CAC) hires, trains and supervises CA staff members. CACs are also students, and have typically worked as CAs. They can help students with any customer service issues or questions.

Writing Tutors are also available to assist students living on campus! Students can talk to their RA for more details on tutor availability in their hall.


Additional Campus Resources

(919) 515-2434

Campus Information
(919) 515-3138

Campus Police
(919) 515-3000

Cashier's Office
(919) 515-2988

(919) 515-7099

Fire Safety
(919) 515-2568

Financial Aid
(919) 515-2421

(919) 515-1234

Parents and Family Services
(919) 515-2441

Registration and Records
(919) 515-2572

ResNet/NC State Help Desk
(919) 515-HELP (4357)

Student Health Services
(919) 515-2563

(919) 515-3424

University Dining
(919) 515-7012