The University Housing Marketing Department is hiring two part-time paid photojournalism interns for the academic year. This unique opportunity will offer amateur photographers the chance to grow your portfolios with event, news and portrait photography.
In the marketing and communications realm, no two days are alike - so expect an internship that is varied and caters to your interests and skill sets. Specifically, photojournalism interns will:
- Photograph two to three on-campus events per week.
- Edit photography for the University Housing website and print materials.
- Attend a weekly review session to discuss how to improve your photography and learn more about the photojournalism profession.
- Other photo and marketing duties as assigned.
Nights and weekends may be required in addition to the weekly meeting in the University Housing Office. Interns will be expected to work autonomously on projects a maximum of 5 hours per week. Cameras and Photoshop will be accessible in the University Housing Office, but photographers are encouraged to use their own equipment.
Our goal is to create an internship experience that exposes you to a variety photojournalism experiences, but we'll work with you to utilize your unique skills to enhance our overall communications.
We are looking for a self-motivated, ambitious individual who is willing to "get your hands dirty." We will be tackling A LOT of on-campus photo projects and you'll be expected to jump in and be an active part of our marketing team.
- You must live on-campus in a University Housing owned property.
- Be a creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Interest in marketing, journalism and communications is expected.
- Previous photography experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite is helpful.
What's in it for you?
- Learn from two experienced marketing professionals with diverse backgrounds.
- Hands-on professional experience to build your resume and portfolio.
- This is a paid internship at $9.00 per hour for 5 hours per week, maximum.
How to apply?
If interested in this photojournalism position, please email your resume, cover letter and five photography samples to Brittany Sweeney by 5 pm on April 25. Use the subject line, “Photojournalism Intern.” Show us your talents!