So you've submitted an application to live on campus, now what?
1. Submit a Village Application. We have 14 Living and Learning Villages. Find out more about the Villages and then submit an application. Village Applications are separate from the Housing Application. Use the link below the Housing Application in MyPack Portal to complete your Village Application. As you browse Villages, please keep in mind that some Villages do not allow non-village roommates.
2. Find a roommate through RoomSync. Do you have a Facebook account? Use University Housing’s RoomSync app during designated times to search for potential roommates via Facebook. Remember to update your Housing Application and formally request your new roommate by listing him or her as your Preferred Roommate. Both parties must request one another to be assigned together.
3. Follow University Housing on Social Media. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. We’ll keep you up-to-date with everything happening around campus. While you’re at it, sign up for Wolf Alerts to receive text messages about campus safety and emergency alerts.
4. Make changes to your Housing Application. If you need to update your Housing Application in MyPack Portal, you may do so until you are assigned. Once you are assigned, you may not make any changes to your Housing Application.
5. Review your Housing Agreement. Don’t forget to read your Housing Agreement. Feel free to call or email the University Housing office if you have any questions.
6. View your assignment! Housing assignments for incoming students are released on May 15 at 5:30pm for the upcoming academic year. Assignment updates are posted on social media throughout the year so be sure to follow us to stay current. Returning residents choose their housing assignment during Housing Selection. Wolf Ridge assignments are released on a rolling basis. All assignments are released based on a first-come, first-served basis and are not guaranteed. However, we try to accommodate students who want to live on campus. If you have questions about your assignment, please email University Housing with your name, 9-digit Student ID number and a brief note about your assignment.
7. Prepare for Move-In. Pack your suitcase and load the car! It’s time to move to campus on Friday, August 14. For more information about moving in, check out our Move-In Weekend section in July.
8. Move-In! We're so glad you are here! Print your parking pass and plan your arrival time. During Move-In Weekend one of our many volunteers will help make the transition to college even easier. Check the Move-In schedule to determine your check-in location.
9. Meet your RA. If you didn’t meet your RA when you checked in, look for them after settling into your room. They have lots important information to share with you!
10. Review hall closing dates! Residence halls close during the Thanksgiving holiday, Winter Break and Spring Break. Check with your RA about your hall’s closing procedures. All on-campus apartments remain open during breaks.
11. Participate in Housing Selection to secure housing for next year! Returning residents choose their housing assignment for the next academic year during Housing Selection. Follow us on social media for dates and updates.
12. Sign up for Summer Housing. Residence halls close during the summer to allow for conferences, camps and renovations. If you want to live on campus for summer school or while interning, apply in May.
13. Move out, graduate or transition to Summer or Intern Housing. Residents who are not graduating should check out of their housing 24-hours after their final exam. Graduating residents must check out of their housing by graduation. Check with your RA for end-of-year closing procedures.
- If you know you won’t be attending NC State during the upcoming academic year, please cancel your Housing Application. There is no cancellation fee for students who do not attend the university.
- If you sign a lease with an off-campus apartment complex, please cancel your Housing Assignment. There are terminations fees if you attend the university and cancel your assignment.
University Towers, College Inn, etc. are NOT affiliated with NC State University. They are not official on-campus housing. We do not have any information about when they release their assignments or their housing options.