The University Housing Marketing Department is hiring a part-time paid Marketing Design Intern for the academic year. This unique opportunity gives one designer the chance to grow your portfolio with plenty of billboard, poster and web projects.
In the marketing and communications realm, no two days are alike - so expect an internship that is varied and caters to your interests and skill sets. Specifically, the Marketing Design Intern will:
- Design digital billboards for upcoming events and programs.
- Create posters and other printed materials.
- Produce sliders and other images for the University Housing website and social media.
- Work with Marketing staff members to improve your overall design and marketing campaign skills.
- Other marketing duties as assigned.
Nights and weekends may be required in addition to working in the University Housing Office during the day. The Marketing Design Intern will be expected to work autonomously on graphic design projects. Computer, production equipment and software will be accessible in the University Housing office, but you are encouraged to use your own equipment.
Our goal is to create an internship experience that exposes you to a variety of tasks, but we'll work with you to utilize your unique skills to enhance our overall communications.
We are looking for a self-motivated, ambitious individual who is willing to "get your hands dirty.” We will be tackling A LOT of projects and you'll be expected to jump in and be an active part of our marketing team.
- You must live on-campus in a University Housing owned property.
- Be a creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Interest in journalism, marketing, communications or graphic design is a must.
- Previous design experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Learn from two experienced marketing professionals with diverse backgrounds
- Hands-on professional experience to build your resume and portfolio
- This is a paid internship at $9.00 per hour at 6 hours per week, maximum.
How to apply?
If interested in this Marketing Design position, please email your resume, cover letter and three design samples to Brittany Sweeney by 5 pm on April 8. Use the subject line, “Marketing Design Intern.” Show us your talents!