Location: Alexander Hall
View Alexander Hall in a larger map
Location: Carroll Hall
View Carroll Hall in a larger map
The world is at your doorstep in the Global Village. Are you thinking of studying abroad or wish you could study abroad? This is the best experience to prepare you for that endeavor. Residents from across the world come to reside at the Global Village. Students who live in the Global Village are interested in living and interacting with people from different backgrounds, experiences, countries and viewpoints. The community's focus is one of global awareness, understanding and experience. The Global Village has two unique locations on Central Campus: Alexander Hall and Carroll Hall.
Unique Village Features
Regardless of which building you live in, every resident will enjoy:
- The pairing of international students and U.S. students as roommates
- Student Ambassadors to assist in acclimating international students to U.S. Culture
- A faculty-led programming series on global and cultural issues
- Discussion programs focusing on international issues and global awareness
- A place for students to practice their language skills
- A more typical U.S. college experience for international students
- Excursions to events/sites within North Carolina, New York City and Washington D.C.
How to Apply
Whether you are new to on-campus housing or want to transfer into the Global Village from another residence hall, you need to complete an online application. This application is in addition to the University Housing application
Returning NC State Students:
- Once logged in to MyPack Portal, click on Student Self Services. From the drop down menus, choose University Housing and Returning Residents. Then click on the Housing Application link. Select a term and fill out the Housing Application.
- Once you fill out your Housing Application, click the Living Learning Applications link under the Housing Application link in the Returning Residents section.
- Complete the Global Village application (please select the semester you would like to live in the Global Village).
Incoming NC State students:
- Once logged in to MyPack Portal, click on Student Self Services. From the drop down menus, choose University Housing and Prospective Residents. Then click on the Housing Application link. Select a term and fill out the Housing Application.
- Once you finish your Housing Application, then click the Living Learning Applications link under the Housing Application link in the Prospective Residents section.
- Complete the Global Village application (please select the semester you would like to live in the Global Village) .
- Village Applications for the fall semester open in December.
- Village Applications for the spring semester open in October.
- Once accepted into the Global Village, participants who are returning NC State students may choose spaces in the Village through the Housing Selection process. Incoming NC State students will be placed in available spaces in Carroll and Alexander Halls. Please note, the Global Village assignments staff members reserve the right to change your room assignment. We strive to pair all U.S. students with international roommates.
Global Village Requirements
Residents who live in the Global Village must:
- Be an active participant within the Global Village Community.
- Participate in a minimum of five hall programs each semester.
- Attend the Global Village Orientation before school begins in the fall.
- Complete five hours of volunteer service each semester.
- Remain in good academic standing with the University (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Abide by the Student Code of Conduct, University Housing rules and Community Standards.
- Note: Priority is given to CHASS majors
*These requirements are subject to change. Participants will be notified if a change occurs.
Residence Director, Carroll Hall