The option to arrive on campus prior to the first day of check-in (August 11, 2015) is available to the following students:
- Students who are members of a University-sponsored group or students involved in opening activities
- Students who submit requests and receive approval
Note: Students who are assigned to Lee, Watauga and Wood halls may not check-in early because of summer renovations.
Residents will be assessed a daily charge of $30 per person per day to check in prior to August 14. Charges will be billed to the resident's account during the first few weeks of fall term. Check with your sponsor about charges. Some Sponsors pay the charge for their group.
Early Check-In for Members of an Approved Organization or Group
For member verification of an approved group, log in to MyPack Portal. Select Student Self Services>Campus Living>Current Residents>Early Check-in. Applications open July 13
- If the student's name is on the list, he/she will see a message with several important links. Read the message and visit all the links.
- If the student's name is not on the list, a message will be displayed with the name and contact number of the sponsor.
Early Check-In for Individual Students
All individual students requesting to arrive prior to Aug. 14 must complete the Early Check-In Reservation via MyPack Portal. Select Student Self Services>Campus Living>Current Residents>Early Check-in. Applications open July 13
Once the student has completed and submitted the Early Check-In Reservation request, the form will be emailed to and reviewed by the appropriate University Housing staff members. The student will be notified by email if the request is approved or not within 48-hours.
Note: Early check-in reservations submitted on the same day as arrival may not be honored.
Individual Early Check-in Dates and Times
- Tuesday, August 11, 1-4 pm
- Wednesday, August 12, 1-4 pm
- Thursday, August 13, 1-4 pm
Where to Check-in
Check-in locations prior to August 14 are as follows:
East Residential Area
- Honors Village Commons 24-hour service desk for Gold, Welch, Syme, Becton, Berry and Bagwell halls
- Avent Ferry 24-hour service desk (Building D) for Avent Ferry
- Wood Hall 24-hour service desk (Building C) for Wood Hall
- North Hall 24-hour service desk for North and Watauga halls
Central Residential Area
- First Year College 24-hour service desk for Tucker, Turlington, Alexander and Owen halls
- Metcalf 24-hour service desk for Bowen, Carroll and Metcalf halls
West Residential Area
- Bragaw 24-hour service desk for Bragaw Hall
- Lee 24-hour service desk for Lee Hall
- Sullivan 24-hour service desk for Sullivan Hall
Early Check-In Parking Information